F.M.C.S.A.Process Agents
Fuel TaxesState Permits
 Road Legal, Inc.
Legal StepsRequest More Information
About Road LegalContact Road Legal
You are here: RoadLegal.com / Process Agents


American Process Agents

As Process Agents, we take care of the headaches of filing with the federal government.

  1. We file your BOC-3 for you!

  2. We notify our agents in every state of your name and address.

  3. We then send you a list of your process agents.

  4. We, as a courtesy to our clients, will re-file your BOC-3 for name changes, transfers, and re-instatements Free Of Charge!!

What is a process agent?

"A process agent is a representative upon whom court papers may be served in any proceeding brought against a motor carrier, broker, or freight forwarder.  Every motor carrier, or forwarder registered with the Federal Highway Administration must list the name and address of an agent from each state.  Brokers are required to list process agents in each state in which they have an office and in which they write contracts."

Federal Highway Administration

Federal and State Requirements:
"These rules, relating to the filing of designations of persons upon whom court process may be served, govern motor carriers and brokers and, as of the moment of succession, their fiduciaries (as defined at 49 CFR 1043.10(a))."                    
49 U.S.C. section 1044.1  

  • You must file "Form BOC-3, Designation of Agent"with the federal government.

  • You must file with your base state.

  • You must, if you are a motor carrier, make "a designation for each State in which you are authorized to travel."

  • You must, if you are a broker, "designate each State in which your offices are located or in which contracts will be written."



Home | Info | About | Contact

All content and information copyright © 2020, Road Legal, Inc.  All Rights Reserved.
1-800-324-8789 | www.RoadLegal.com